Saturday, May 31, 2008

Learning from the past to prevent the future

First of all I don’t have a bunch of people reading this blog because it is new in the blogging business.
But I am satisfied for now on how things go.

As some bloggers might know there is one thing that scares us every day.
The thought of my blog dieng hunts me every day.

There are a lot of people out there better than me with far more experience than me but I am doing the best I can to beat them and to bring original content.

I had my share of mistakes but I learned from them and I’m doing the best to improve myself.
So yes it is true, your blog can die even if you worked hard into it just because there are better sites out there.
You need to find a "steady stream of water" and with luck and dedication that stream can turn into a river.

Ok let’s analyze the things that can kill your blog.
Too many ads can kill your website because if the ads at some point are more than the posts you got a serious problem.
People come to a blog to find answers for their problems and not use a GPS to find your content throw all the ads.

It is important to interact with your readers because if you search a little, all the major blogs have the ability to post comments, read comments.
If you don’t answer their questions you are doomed to talk with yourself.

The internet is full of people that like to make fun and ruin other peoples work.
They enjoy ruining your work, so just ignore these people don’t pick a fight with these people because it is bad for your blog.
If at some point your blog lacks fresh articles people will stop visiting your website and your blog will die.

If you post too many articles you are going to eventually run out of stuff to post and you will lack fresh articles.
Also readers will have a hard time keeping up with your articles and eventually leave.

Try and find that balance between posting new articles and updating old ones that are obsolete

Do not equip your site with all those fancy graphics because it will burn the reader’s bandwidth and the site will run slow.

Try and focus on your content more than the blog/website look.
And no one likes a donkey site.
For example there are game websites that have a flash animation that has to load first before you can access the actual website.
You have to wait all day till it loads at 100%, I eventually get mad, close the site and look for another one.


No comments:

 
Ics Web Directory Add Your Blog.com Amidalla Website Directory Homerweb Search Szigg.net - Web Directory Feed Shark